It saddens me that any Tom, Dick or Harry can call himself a “translator” these days just because he can copy&paste the Japanese text into a machine translator. The resulting so-called “translation” reads as if an autistic 5 years-old wrote it. 95% of them don’t even know proper English, let alone Japanese (Btw, the remaining 5% at least went through the effort of learning hiragana, but still don’t know jack about grammar), so they already fail at the two important elements a translator should have: Good grasp of the (1)original and (2)target language.
In that sense, I too disqualify as a translator for the English language, since I don’t have an accurate grasp of it. But at least I went through a proper translator education at university, albeit in my native tongue German.
Anyway, I don’t know if they have been revised yet, but the earlier “translations” I read of Mushoku Tensei were so cringe-worthy that I was about to smash my head into the wall. That is no longer entertainment, just a tedious task to encode the possible meaning in every sentence.
And as if the piece of garbage they produce isn’t bad enough already, they shit out scripts on a nearly daily basis without even realizing what harm they do. The readers get spoiled with a shower of releases, thinking that translating mustn’t be that hard after all when they release so quickly.
Yet here I am, struggling for weeks over a single chapter, sometimes a whole day over a single page, to hopefully convey the fucking nuances correctly in English, only to find myself reading “NEXT CHAPTER WHEN” comments the day after I finally release it-.-
Everyone is free to do whatever he wants, but this wasted “effort” of theirs is simply idiotic. It by no means does the novels justice, nor is it in any way entertaining to read, yet people jump at it like money on the street. Why? Because their impatience has blinded their rational thinking.
I can understand that you’re eager to read the next chapter, but to fall so low as to read this cobbled-together junk? I’m disappointed. That has no longer anything to do with love/interest for the series, just greed.
So far, I haven’t come across even a single “translation” from these wanna-be “translator” that I would deem at least “okay”. All the scripts were clustered with mistranslations and incorrect English that even someone, who doesn’t know any English or Japanese, could tell its wrong. Some might be average at best with heavy editing, preventing me from immediately gauging out my eyes.
Of course, not all of you are such greedy leechers, but when you do not comment, you will always stay a minority. So go up to your favorite scanlator’s site and give them a hug!
While we’re on the topic, there’s also this bunch of Chinese translators. Translating from a translation is always wrong. Always. But seeing as these guys actually know the language they translate from and the result is 10x better than what any machine translation could ever hope to achieve, I’ll compromise on this. It IS a fact the the community lacks translators.
I know that nothing will change from writing this, but I just needed to blow off some steam. Forgive me.
Now for the actual release itself. lol.
My dice seems to be rigged as it always landed on Risou, no matter how often I rerolled-.-
But it was a pretty kewl chapter, not so fucking technical like in the beginning, which is a good sign! Though it seems to get rather political now. But I don’t mind for now.
Next chapter is over 70 pages long again, so it’ll take a bit longer. You know the drill, patience and all that.
Also, TsukiTsuki is supposed to be my main project, yet all the comments it gets are about Risou 🙁 I’m glad you guys like Risou that much, but it’s a complicated feeling for me 😛
Special thanks to Ives, who helped me with the Spanish in this chapter!!
Either way, it’s always a good motivation push when I see a lot of comments, thanks! Keep it up.